There is always too much squash. What should we do with too much squash? Make soup? I dunno. Can we sue all the mainstream media outlets for trumpeting the false equivalence of the Trump campaign? Why are people being hurt by law enforcement in the Dakotas? Who must be held accountable for the state of this country? Why is there so much squash?
There is Too Much of This Butternut Squash Soup
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 small or 1 medium white potato, cut into small pieces
2 leeks, diced
3 small cloves garlic, diced
1/2 small white onion, diced
1 small carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 tsp ground dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground dried coriander
32 oz veggie broth or 32 oz water and 1 TB boullion
2 Tb olive oil
2 Tb butter
*Special equipment: blender or immersion blended
1. Heat olive oil and butter in large pot.
2. When hot, add leeks, garlic and onion to pot. Stir a few minutes until leeks soften.
3. Add butternut squash and potato, and stir in dried thyme and coriander. Add wine and let cook down, stirring consistently, until the wine has cooked off, about 3 minutes.
4. Add broth or water and bullion.
5. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer.
6. I forgot about the soup for a long time and drank the rest of the wine and got really upset again about the goddamn piece of shit Bundy bunch getting acquitted what the FUCK.
7. My soup simmered for an hour with the lid just barely cracked. It was soft. I pureed it and tasted it, and it tasted good.
8. If soup doesn’t taste good, it probably needs one of the following things: more broth if it’s too thick: add some broth or more water and boullion and let cook with lid on. less broth if it’s too watery: leave the lid of the pot off and let soup simmer until it reduces.
more access to basic human rights: bet it doesn’t have health care coverage.
more salt: cuz everything tastes better with salt.
9. Eat soup while researching systemic racism, and water rights.